Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Third Mate

A good cruise

Sail Date: November 15, 2013

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I had not cruised on Princess for about 10 years. We were saddened by the "dumbing down" of many of our experiences. First of all the constant hawking of spa treatments, photos, wine, beer and jewelry became very annoying. The food was good but not great. I know that the kitchen is capable of wonderful things but it seems as if  spices and herbs as well as plain old salt and pepper were eliminated or tponed down. Surely the palates of the passengers are not that bland and inexperienced. We attended the cheffs table and it was MARVELOUS. The flavors were rich and adventurous. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I were given the opportunity.

I noticed many places on the ship that are rusted and in need of touching up. Likewise the windows on the Wheelhouse Cafe are filthy.It seemed as if many details of maintainance that had been looked after previously had been unattended. Perhaps a Staff cut ?

The library is filled with wonderful books; however they are always locked up except for the strange and erratic hours that someone shows up to sit in the librarian's chair and unlock the book cases. The books are equipped with an alarm system that will go off inthe event of accidentally removing one fron the ship, Why not have an honor syste?. I was very glad that I had preloaded my Kindle before I left home

Our goal was to experience the Panama Canal which we were able to do. Costa Rica and the hacienda we visited was an unexpected bonus. It was a good trip. It was not a great trip.

The tub was an mush unwanted bother

Don't expect the low fares to be your final bill. The accountants, not the captain, are on the bridge