Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Third Mate

One more off the "bucket list"

Sail Date: April 20, 2013

Room Type: Suite

This cruise was something my father wanted to do for many years (he is 92). It turned out to be one that we all enjoyed. The staff was amazing and we all felt we had the best room steward. The food was excellent and the ship was always clean. I was happy to find it wasn't a big ship since my father has limited mobility and it made getting around the ship much easier. I will say that the staff was always very helpful and accommodating which made my father feel less of a burden (that was his fear). We were able to find shore excursions that my father could take but for the most part, we were a little disappointed in the areas closest to the ports. Aruba was the only port we all agreed was attractive and fun (even though we came to port on a holiday when the majority of businesses were closed). The entertainment on the ship lacked, with the exception of their staff talent show which was the best show of the entire trip. One thing was evident, Princess did an excellent job hiring, their staff was great, always happy, ready to meet your needs and interesting when engaged in conversation!

Cruise Photos

San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
There isn't much close to the port but the landscape is beautiful
Fuerte Amador, Panama
If you have difficulties with mobility this will be a challenge
Panama Canal Transit
We had great views and were able to move around the ship to get different views and photos
Cartagena, Colombia
Very crowded, but we found the best prices for sourveniers close to the monuments, not in the shops.
Oranjestad, Aruba
This was a very interesting island, even if we did port on a holiday when most things were closed.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Not enough time to see it but the transfer from ship to airport was very easy.

Since the Coral Princess is one of their smaller ships don't expect the service will lack. They were all very attentive and it also gave you a chance to get to know more guests and the staff.

1 Comment