Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

After Five Celebrity Cruises to Bermuda it's time to stop.

Sail Date: July 24, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the destination.  Although the ship was refurbished in 2016 it was only in the public areas.  We had a balcony cabin on deck eight & the cabin could use some serious refurbishment.  Storage and bath size are great. Carpeting & window treatments could use an upgrade.   Dress code was downgraded.  Instead of formal nights there were chic nights.  The majority of cruisers looked like they were dressed for the beach!  The food took a dive along with the dress code.  On lobster night, which was always special, instead of the waiter removing your lobster tails from the shells & asking if you would care for clarified butter, you were left on your own to tackle the tails, no butter.  Although the meat might have been partially cut from the tails in the kitchen it was still a messy task.  On Top Chef (of tv fame) night we had a difficult time trying to pick something that wasn't outlandishly crazy, although the fixed menu was available.  The waiters seemed very overworked to me.

Like the title of my review, we've been on this cruise 5 years in a row, same week & we did love this ship.  Not to large.  My biggest peeve would have to be the 40 minute wait for early dining WITH A RESERVATION!  On my 4 prior cruises this did not happen.  Who ever is heading the dining department needs to be replaced.  I feel a little sad thinking that we won't be taking the Summit again but the price keeps rising and the amenities keep falling.

Cruise Photos

Needs refurbishment. New mattress & better pillows. New decor, carpet, window treatments.

Keep tabs on your onboard account available on your tv.

1 Comment