Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Expected better

Sail Date: July 12, 2015

Boarding was a breeze.   Since our room wasn't ready, we headed up to the buffet, like everyone else.  The food was mediocre, at best.  And, trying to get drinks at the table was impossible.  All the rooms on the ship were ready by 2-ish.  Aqua class.  Fantastic location on the 11th floor.  Our room was nice.  Older ship, nice.  The balcony had a huge puddle at the door for most of the cruise, which made for wet carpet in the room.  We had no pillow menu and no slipper package.  Had to ask for slippers.  No ice bucket till we asked.  Only 2 large towels in bathroom. The other 2 spaces were empty till I asked for 2 more.  Aqua spa cafe touts healthy cuisine, but tiring to get veggies and fruit in the smoothly was impossible.  And the servers were rude about it!  There was about 1 1/2 cups of each ingredient on display.  I was told that's all there was for the cruise.  Never went there again!  BLu restaurant had a VERY late start the first night.  Not acceptable, in my book, and I let them know.after that, we were always seated promptly.  The food and waitstaff were exceptional.  Had issues with OJ girl, who always forgot my husbands order.

Adult pools had ONLY adults.  FABULOUS!!!!!  And, being a casino person, celebrity has the worst casinos of all the cruiselines I've sailed.

Cruise Photos

I expected more. I expect the steward to learn my 'habits', and to work with them. If I dine every day between 8:45 and 10 for breakfast, I don't expect to be woken at 8:30 with him walking in while I'm in bed. I expect e tea amenities. No daily bottled water? No change of fruit for the whole cruise? Maybe I don't LIKE apples!! And the puddle on the balcony! EW!! There was no drain. It had to dry by the sun.

Ask for something if you don't get it. The staff really did try to make you happy. I just wish I didn't always NEED to ask.

1 Comment