Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Celebrity Summit--aloof crew!

Sail Date: July 18, 2010

This was my 4th cruise with Celebrity [14th or 15th total cruises] and the first cruise on the Summit. I have been on the Celebrity Century and was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff. The Summit does not have a happy crew this summer! I would not let that keep me from returning or recommending this ship, but Celebrity should take note and improve their customer relations!
The cabin stewards, dining room staff were excellent, as well as room service!
Any day on a cruise beats a day at work!

Pros: Wonderful adult only thalassmo mineral pool and outstanding BRUNCH!!

Cons: Crew--mostly officers--did not say hello when passing in the hall/stairs etc. Very small portions in the main dining room.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

Staff [mostly officers] would barely nod when passing in the hallway and not say hello, good day etc! Very disappointing.
The menu options were limited some evenings,but there is always steak and chicken to order. My recommendation: order side vegetables! 3 carrots or 3 string beans is not a serving! The brunch was wonderful with reduced prices [not advertised] for champage and mimosas!
Clean stateroom, comfortable beds, but the decor needs to be updated. This was not a problem for me!
Great comedian and magician!
Bar Harbor, Maine
Nice town, friendly people with beautiful Acadia National Park too! We easily tendered into Bar Harbor!
Don't Miss: Lobster rolls everywhere. Bar Harbor Inn had delicious lobster rolls, and was full of lobster chunks! Hmmmn!
Portland, Maine
Order your excursions early! Kennebunkport excursion was sold out early. My sister and I ended up renting a car and driving. This ended up being a plus, since we went shopping at the nearby outlets and saw the LL Bean flagship store too!
Saint John, New Brunswick
Waste of time.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pretty! Forget about FRED!! He was jammed, with limited buses. It is no substitute for the trolley/tour. We took the trolley tour and did all 3 loops! The price is the same on the street, as on the ship....interesting enough...charged to your seapass when purchased curbside!!