A very relaxing, pleasant cruise!!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 30, 2010
Ship: Celebrity Summit
The ship is beautiful and nicely laid out. It is starting to show signs of wear i.e. carpet, bedding, towels. I was disappointed that they would use sheets that had permanent stains in them on the bed. The crew was very friendly and accommodating in most cases. I did have one disappointing experience. At the pool cafe they offered veggie burgers so I asked for one the day we boarded for lunch. They said it was a 15 minute wait. When I came back 15 minutes later, they said they were out of them which seemed odd to me because not many people were eating veggie burgers (actually I never saw anyone with one). I put a complaint in and the next day asked for a veggie burger. The cook took something out from below the grill, threw it on a plate, asked if I wanted anything with it and handed it to me. It was not a veggie burger, it was a turkey burger. I most certainly know the difference. In most other respects they wait staff bent over backwards to accommodate. The other thing we found frustrating is that they would book events simultaneously so you could only attend one and miss the other.

The maritime museum was very interesting; a good overview of the island's history. There wasn't too much to see except for the snorkel beach which was crowded and the glass and clay works which doesn't take too much time. We didn't take the trolley so maybe we missed some things. Also, not much dining in the immediate area.
Don't Miss: The maritime museum.

Pros: The weather and the smooth sailing.

Cons: The ship is showing signs of age i.e. worn carpet and bedding.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!