Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

"Crew Was Ship-Shape; Ship Was Not"

Sail Date: May 30, 2010

Room Type: Suite

I've not been on other Celebrity ships, but my guess is that this is not the cruise line's finest. While it had some nice attractions, the main dining room had a distinct, mildew-type smell to it, apparently coming from the galley, and the overall cleanliness on board--particularly by the pool area--was not stellar. The size, however, was just right, not too big or small, and easy to get around.

Pros: Cruise Director and his team, all of whom were outstanding

Cons: The actual cabin (very noisy location, broken mattress)

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

See commentary above.
The "good" rating is earned by the Waterfront Grill, not the main dining room, which featured mediocre food, never piping hot, and noticably small in portion-size.
Again, the suite, which faced the bow, was very noisy. Security could not find the source of the loud, clanging, banging noise I heard throughout the nights, which prevented me from getting sound sleep for the week. The mattress was broken, almost completely flat near the headboard, so I slept with my feet higher than my head. The bathroom door had hardware problems, requiring an adjustment.
Again, the cruise director and his staff are driving this high rating. While the stateroom attendant was gracious and helpful and the waiter/assistant waiter strove to serve impeccably, the activities and entertainment provided by M and his team were wonderful...only bested by their terrific, warm personalities.
As above.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
We didn't take any shore excursions and received avaerage feedback from our fellow cruisers who did. Shopping in Hamilton yielded a very over-priced town, and walking the navy yard area was nothing special. Perhaps we should have made a point to get onto the beach with its pink sand, for a better lasting impression.
Don't Miss: None that come to mind.