Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My first Celebrity Cruise

Sail Date: October 17, 2010

Good and very clean.

Pros: Super Oceanview Cafe

Cons: Room Size

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

I felt mislead by my travel agent. I have cruised close to 20 times and never had such a small room & so little storage. We had 3 people to our room (which I have had on many occasions & never had a problem). The 3rd bed was horrible! So hard and so narrow. We managed but would never do it again.
Cleanliness was excellent! Easy to find your way around.
Dining room food but nothing spectacular like I thought it would be. Oceanview Cafe was the best buffet on any ship I have eve benn on. Food hot, which was great and layout was great as well. Only suggestion would be to have more drink stations open in the evenings.
Daily schedule very hard to read. Not enough announcements about what is happening. Places where events were held were just way too small. (e.g. Peter Max appearance & birthday celebration)
Leslie, our stateroom attendant was the best! So very attentive and we appreciated his attention to detail. With the exception of a couple of issues in the dining room I would say the staff was excellent. I feel it is a compliment to Celebrity that after talking to many staff that they comment about how great it is to work on the Solstice. That says a lot.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Again I had visited before and really did not do too much except walk around the city.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I have been her before and did not take any ship excursions. Took skyride on own and enjoyed it but not sure it was worth the money other than for the beautiful view at the top.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The access to the beast after taking the water taxi was the best! Such a beautiful place and a real value to get chairs, umbrella and drinks for $15.
Don't Miss: Enjoy the beach!