Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Classy,Upscale fun,fab cruise!

Sail Date: April 25, 2010

Wow where do I start, well first of all the Ship is beautiful and classy with a modern sophisticated upscale feel.

My husband and I love to travel and about three years ago decided to take a cruise once a year we have tried two other Cruise lines and have even looked into the smaller lines that are more yacht based thinking that was the only way we would be able to get a luxury feeling well, I must say Celebrity brought just that luxurious feel and fun.
Starting with the stateroom and how well accommodating all I, from a well sized plasma screen TV with on free on demand movies to various hit stations for everyone listening pleasure we especially loved jazz in the day and dance at night. What was also great was our restroom was much more spacious than any other, being that my husband is fairly tall the shower and all around bath room was much more comfortable for him and myself. The bed to our surprise was very comfortable and wow the best part for me was all the storage space I was able to store our luggage under the bed hidden away without having to use closet space!!!!
With great dining room and beautifully decorated to exquisite wait staff who without any problems or questions was able to accommodate what my husband had originally set up as select dinning ( set time and just us two) the staff was able to change our request on the 3rd day to a table of six and for the remainder of the trip without any problems. Now the specialty restaurants where just fabulous talk about beautiful dcor and yes great food and so much of it wow to our personal favorite 24hr room service aww how great especially after a night of dancing we needed that great food and Im talking everything from burgers to your fleshly grilled salmon.
The ship itself is filled with so much to do , such as blown glass shows to their Green lawn games and entertainment to absolutely relaxing in the adult only luxury indoor spa pool with specialty healthy fresh food bar. We really enjoyed being on the ship and could have been just fine staying on the ship although we did enjoy the port o calls the ship was so beautiful and filled with so much to see and do there if one wanted to stay on or could not get off well no need, the schedules are filled with daily events from spinning and yoga in morning to various wine and scotch tasting at the Michaels club oh and the Martini bar is especially trendy and fun.
Now lets get to the shops on board wow nice to see a cosmetic counter (high quality lines) and wow how did they know exactly the brand I use to fine jewelry stores and even fashion shows for entertainment, great coffee shops and absolute fab crepes bistro, and oh lets not forget the gelato bar very nice!!!
Now the night clubs where just beautiful Sky lounges dcor was amazing and the dance club was also very modern with great variety of dance music, the piano bar was upscale and so relaxing and the cellar room very classy with a fine selection of wines ports etc, but I have to say at least for my husband he love the Celebrity treatment upon returning from each port o call, where you where greeted with a nice cool wet hand towel to wipe yourself clean or simply refresh after a long day of play and a refreshing drink (Juice or water). Well I could go on forever but I guess one has to see for themselves how you can feel like a Celebrity.

Pros: The beauty and calss of the ship!

Cons: Having to come home!

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

Always clean, great with actual hand towels in all public restrooms.
Very good and something for everyone to vegatarian to fish only to the absolute healthy.
Specailty restaurant very upscale.
Wow going above and beyond does not say enough we are deffinate priority and they dont let you forget it!
So much to do and see I can say in th 7 days on we needed more time!
The shopping is a waste no real great deals or anything that we considered to be so special although there is tons of Tequilla tasting!!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Nice beach to lay out but thats really about it!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Love it, not the public beach but the private seatings at the hotels was great and close to all bars and food with pric=vate showers and bath!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Although it is not the prettiest sight to see the people are wonderful and the shopping what a bargain. Being they recentley went through a bad hurricane not to bad!