Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Got gastrointestinal issues on 4th day of cruise.

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

I was ill for nearly half of the duration of the cruise. I was confined to my cabin for 2 and a half days. I missed out on Falmouth Jamaica and Labadee Haiti because I could not leave my stateroom due to gastro issues.. I had stomach cramps, diarrhea adn nausea.

I missed out on seeing those islands and also shopping. I was finally able to leave my cabin late Saturday afternoon but there was not much to see or do that interested me because my stomach was still queasy and I existed mostly on soup and crackers because I had no desire for food.

I have been home for a few days now and  I still don't have an appetite. If it persists I will have to see my family doctor and probably get medication.

The trip was not only a disappointment for me, but also my husband. He felt compelled to stay in the stateroom with me because I am also a diabetic and he wanted to make sure my glucose levels didn't fall too low due to not eating properly. Besides, he did not want to go to the theatre alone or to eat alone.

All in all, I was sad and disappointed because we spent nearly $4,000.00 dollars for the cruise and an additonal $1,200.00 for airfares. I really wanted us to have a great cruise experience,. Sadly, we did not.

Due to the fact that I got a gastro issue,
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica WAS NOT ABLE TO EXPERIENCETHIS ISLAND DUE TO GASTRO ISSUES
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island) WAS NOT ABLE TO EXPERIENCE THIS ISLAND DUE TO GASTRO ISSUES

1 Comment