Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

It was ok not great

Sail Date: August 31, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This cruise was a tremendous disappointment because Celebrity decided two days before the cruise to cancel our visit to Istanbul.  I booked the cruise specifically because it had Istanbul in the itinerary so that was incredibly frustrating.  To spend thousands of dollars on a trip like this and then be told at the last minute you are not going to get to go where you paid to go is very frustrating.

The ship is very clean and in good condition.  Dont bother with the excursions - they are a total ripoff and you will do far better in most places if you book on your own.  I was stunned at how they would charge us 3 or 4 times what we would pay on a private excursion and then take you to the place you signed up to go and give you only 45 minutes or 1 hour there.  I guess this is so they can get you back to the ship so you can spend more money on alcohol and in the casino.  Overall - it was not a great experience with Celebrity.  I dont know that I will sail with them again.

1 Comment