Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Disappointment

Sail Date: December 13, 2014

We had been told by a couple of people that Celebrity Cruise Ships are the best.  Consequently, we were very anxious to go.  We have been on 5 other cruises (4 of them on Carnival) and were rather disappointed.  The food was not nearly as good as it has been on the Carnival cruises we have been on.  I had a New York Strip Steak the 2nd night, and ate about a quarter of it because it was so tough.  I ordered Beef Wellington on one night because I had never had it before, and left most of it because, again, the beef was tough.  I realize I could have sent them back, but my appetite was not there to try something else.

The food in the café was lukewarm at best.  The coffee was great!

While the servers in the restaurant were very nice, and willing to get or do whatever was asked of them, we found that they weren't as engaging as they were on our other cruises.  Although we are in our early 60's, maybe Celebrity wants to appeal to older people.  We want a little more fun.

We will say that the entertainment in the Reflection Theater was outstanding.  The group of singers, dancers, aerialists, etc. were wonderful.  The husband and wife illusionists, and Clare V. were amazing.

As I said, we had a very nice time, but it didn't live up to what we had heard about Celebrity Cruises.

Not as much fun
Not great
Not engaging like on other cruises
Children's Programs Not applicable
Very nice for an inside cabin

There are several little areas, ie: The Library, The coffee cafe', where you can get away and enjoy a little quiet time.