Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

What a disaster! Stay away from this ship.

Sail Date: December 06, 2014

This was our over twentieth cruise, and the second on Celebrity. All of the others were nice. This was a disaster.

I would avoid this ship? Why? A dirty cabin, a disinterested hotel staff, one of whom (Mirka, Assistant Chief Housekeeper) came to the cabin unannounced at about 10pm, mid-cruise to argue about electrical cables! When I talked to Rachelle Wever, the Assistant Guest Relations Manager about what happened. She was astonished. Even the gym manager told me that he was too busy to deal with the passengers. That wasn't a good comment, which he retracted after rushing after me in the locker room.

It all started at embarkation, when the "security" people would not allow my UL listed power strips on board. When I complained on the ship they gave me two long extension cables, both handmade and unsafe by UL standards. As I wanted to use my very limited battery life laptop on the room balcony and needed three outlets, the cables would not work. They could not explain why UL listed power strips were unacceptable, but hand-made replacements were.

The room was dirty. I had to write the word "DIRT" in the dirt to get their attention. The bathroom flooded as they hadn't checked the shower drain. Fortunately, I wasn't using one of their handmade extension cables in the bathroom as they only have THREE outlets in the cabin, none by the bed. I could have been electrocuted.

The A/C also wasn't working properly... it took five calls to get them to fix it.

The food was good on the upper buffet deck, but mediocre (for a "luxury" restaurant with very slow service.

All in all a disastrous trip. Avoid this ship as they don't appear to care and just get by. Lucky for them, it's a new ship so, in my opinion, they can coast as most things work. As the ship ages, they will be in trouble.

On the other hand, the cabin with balcony was nice and spacious for a cruise ship and the ship's design very impressive. They need to be sold (ship and crew) to Carnival where, with a little effort, they would come up to Carnival's standards.

A dud. Avoid this ship like the plague.

Don't go on it. You'll be sorry.