Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Great way to see Asia

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

Room Type: Suite

a very nice cruise....  Had heard stories of the Millennium being run down and in need of a face lift but I did not find that to be true. Main dining room was quite good and service was always very good. Specialty restaurants were very good. Ship was clean and well run. When you spend 14days on any ship, you can find things you like and things you don't.  IE: I don't know if this is the same on other cruise lines but on the two cruises we have taken on Celrbrity over the last year, the pastries you get in the morning all taste like cardboard. They taste like there is a giant sack in the back that they bought somewhere full of old croissants and they pull a few out every morning and pass them around.  So i don't bother with them. I found the drinks and bar personnel to be very good.  The wine was surprisingly good. We stayed in a PH1 suite because we wanted the extra room.  I think it is worth the cost if you are not too worried about the extra expense.  We were on the 9th deck toward the back and never had a problem with soot as has been previously reported. A very nice experience.

Very nice
Good main dining rm with great service. Excellent specialty restaurants.
Like the extra room in the PH suites.
All very. Good.
Good mix. I enjoyed everything we saw with the exception of one show. Pretty good average I think.
Children's Programs n/A. Thank God.
Decent attempt to fill your time with interesting activities.
I loved the excursions but hated the long bus trips to get back and forth. That's life.
Singapore
Botanical gardens
Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam
Do Saigon on your own.
Chan May (Hue), Vietnam
City tour was great and lunch exceptional!
Ha Long Bay City (Hanoi), Vietnam
If you go to Hanoi, be prepared for 4hours of bus each way complete with a lecture heavy on guilt.

Pool chairs go quickly because the crew does not inforce the rules that say one cannot save a chair and not use it for hours.