Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

old and tired

Sail Date: September 18, 2015

We recently cruised on the Celebrity Infinity through the Panama Canal.  I wish I could say it was wonderful.  I can't.

This ship is old and shabby.  There was not one chair in the Constellation Lounge that was not on verge of collapse.  Everything in the dining room was stained and frayed.  It was very hot on this cruise and the ships AC was not up to the task.  While our cabin was comfortable, the public spaces were not - ever.

Another small thing that stuck with me was the total lack of a sail away.  Come on ,we are sailing under the golden gate bridge and there was no attempt at fun.  No music , no waiters with frothy drinks .  Nothing but a bunch of people looking around.

I realize the ship is scheduled for a rehab, but I feel really cheated by Celebrity to be among the last to suffer the pre rehabed version.  They were handing out Future Cruise discounts for broken pipes and AC problem.  I think every one should have gotten one.

Smaller than usual