Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to South America

Second Mate

Celebrity Inifinity Let Us Down

Sail Date: January 19, 2014

My husband and I looked forward to this trip.  I picked Celebrity over Princess because I liked the itinerary and wanted to try Celebrity since I had always heard it was top of the line.  Boy was that a mistake.  The check-in process was great, luggage showed up, cabin okay, then we headed to the lounge.  If you didn't go to the bar you didn't get service.  Went to dinner met our dinner companions for the cruise and the watress and her assistant.  First day was at sea, no surprises, second day port at Puerto Montt, Chile again no problem okay, third day doing the Fjords except that was at 4:00 a.m. and by 8:00 we were moving through other areas, next day the straits of Magellan but here again it was dark outside for the good sections.  Okay we have two days at sea and ready for Punta Arenas, Chile, sorry weather is bad and we could not tender for safety reasons which I completely understand another day on the ship sitting and waiting.  Next day Tierra Del Fuego yeah off the ship and tours, but no penquins.  Back on the ship and finally Cape Horn - yeah it was perfect now headed out to sea all day, next day out to sea coming up to Puerto Madryn, during the previous evening a passenger got sick and we had to make an emergency turn around to a hospital.  This day was canceled and back to sea, the next day at sea. the last four days we had three ports including Buenos Aires. The Guest Services staff from the beginning was rude, unfriendly and anything but helpful.  The last morning of the cruise there was no HOT WATER for showers.  I was very disappointed in Celebrity and the fact that the ship could not have found another port to go to like we understand Princess did.  In addition Princess offered their cruisers a 25% discount for missing one port.  We missed two ports.  We understand things happen but you do not just float around at sea for four days with nothing to do on board.

Guest Services personnel needs to go back to school to learn how to do customer service