Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Beautiful Alaska!

Sail Date: July 23, 2006

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska on Celebrity's Infinity. We went on a Royal Carribean Ship last year, and I would describe this as a bit more "elegant" in the way the passengers are treated. There was less pushing "drinks of the day" or photographers taking your picture all the time,

Pros: Seeing the scenery in Alaska

Cons: Smokers on the Ship

Juneau, Alaska
The town itself is very commercial.
Don't Miss: We took a combo Whale Watching/Helicoptor/Glacier Walk trip with Orca (Captain Larry) and Coastal Helicopters. This was a FABULOUS trip. I booked it myself.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Another commercial town full of Jewelry stores. We went to the "Great Lumberjack Show", which was entertaining.
Sitka, Alaska
I booked a special boat trip in Sitka on my own months before our cruise. Celebrity changed our ports without any notice, so we went to Sitka on a different day. I could not reach the Captain in time to change the day, and most of the trips on the ship were sold out. We went to the Raptor Center on our own, which was just OK. We didn't think there was much to see there.
Don't Miss: The State Park is very nice. There is a walk that passes many Totem Poles.
Juneau, Alaska
The town itself is very commercial.
Ketchikan, Alaska