Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Wonderful Greece/Turkey Vacation

Sail Date: July 09, 2016

I was extremely impressed with Celebrity Cruise line.  Everything was top notch from the staff to the shows.  They were very attentive to my needs.  This was my second time on the Equinox yet they keep it looking fresh and new.  The room is a little tight but being in concierge class there were fresh flowers in my room everyday.  The balcony is almost as large as the room.  I highly recommend this cruise.  The ports were perfect.  I only purchased the overpriced excursion in Kusadasi Turkey because of the greater sense of security it gave me.  You can do much better in each port in Greece by just buying a ticket on one of the buses that go around the town for $15 Euro, etc...

Cabin was very small in comparison to other ships but very well kept.
Destinations were beautiful and fun but the Excursions were extremely overpriced and not worth the money spent with the exception of Kusadasi.
I was not overly impressed with the dining room but the speciality restaurants and buffet were excellent.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Santorini, Greece
When you reach the Island, take the boat ride to Oia with a return bus trip across the island back to Firia. All of this is included for only $15 Euro.
Rhodes, Greece
Be sure to purchase your Greek Souvenirs in Athens, Rhodes, or Santorini. Don't wait until you get to Mykonos. Take the Rhodes City Bus to sightsee. It was only 12euro.
Mykonos, Greece
All souvenirs are overpriced here but the food is delicious. You must have some of their baked goods. The Windmills are great and you can walk to them from the port. Don't purchase an excursion unless you are under 25 and want to go to the beach party.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
The people were great in Turkey. There are many bargains to be had. Be sure to bargain. Also, I do recommend taking an excursion to Ephesus. It is worth the trip.

Choose at least one of the speciality restaurants. They are worth the small extra fee. The food is outstanding!