Good people, poor management
first, let me say that the stewards and waiters were all very good, helpful and friendly.
All of my gripes are with the management and policy makers of Celebrity.
1. It took me over an hour on hold to contact customer service on two occasions prior to the cruise.
2. When we arrived at the ship the stateroom key did not work and an hour was wasted standing in line at cruise relations to get a new key. The stateroom temperature was about ninety degrees when we arrived and we had to leave the veranda door open all night to cool down the room. One of the mattresses was worn out and a replacement was not forthcoming despite two requests.
3. Some of the food was good, but much of it was average at best. The dinner rolls were never fresh and much of the food seemed to be thawed and heated.
4. The prices for specialty dining, drinks, tours and Internet were overpriced, and the shopping was Noncreative and boring - nothing for sale that was unique, appealing or a bargain.
5. I don't know if this is what Celebriy has always been like or if all of the cruise lines have adopted a policy of taking the pleasure out of cruising, but this cruise certainly was not up to the standards we found on prior cruises with Royal Carribean, Norwegian, and Carnival over the past 15 years.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Ports Of Call
Bridgetown, Barbados Did not visit port