Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruise review

Sail Date: June 29, 2014

This was my first ever cruise  , so my expectations were based on other peoples comments, I must say that I was a bit disappointed however.

My likes:

- stateroom had enough space to store clothes etc; also umbrella and tote bag had been thoughtfully provided.

-The buffet food had enough variety for different cuisines

-The crew and attendants/ wait staff were very polite and attentive

-Blankets/towels on the pool deck was a nice touch(although was too cold  and windyduring my recent trip)

My dislikes:

-Activities were very lame ; it was diffcult to pass time during the day; some more intellectual stimulation and more interaction/engaging the crowd sort of stuff would have been better.

-The night time shows were reasonably  good but was  the same thing every night; except for the comedy stand up and the aerialists, nothing else stands out. The same performers with the same performances every time becomes boring

-Icy Strait point was not worth stopping for a shore excursion.

-Dinner at the grand restaurant  was a long wait-took upto 2hrs at times

-I appreciated the  choice of Indian cuisine but was not well prepared.

-Should be more of Alaska in an 'Alaskan cruise'-this was more time on the ship

-Providing motion sickness tabs/ bags in every room would be good

Children's Programs NA
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
long walk down to the ship terminal/ moving walkways for the elderly would be nice
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
Nothing to see/ waste of money on 'shuttle ' to Hoonah
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
wonderful weather that day/ superb viewing
Juneau, Alaska
Mendenhall glacier/ Juneau town delightful
Ketchikan, Alaska
coomercialised; good for picking up gifts for back home
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Choppy seas/ seasick

Go for breakfast in the grand restaurant. (the Lido deck has very long lines)

Pizza and fries were great