Cruise review

Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 29, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Century

This was my first ever cruise  , so my expectations were based on other peoples comments, I must say that I was a bit disappointed however.

My likes:

- stateroom had enough space to store clothes etc; also umbrella and tote bag had been thoughtfully provided.

-The buffet food had enough variety for different cuisines

-The crew and attendants/ wait staff were very polite and attentive

-Blankets/towels on the pool deck was a nice touch(although was too cold  and windyduring my recent trip)

My dislikes:

-Activities were very lame ; it was diffcult to pass time during the day; some more intellectual stimulation and more interaction/engaging the crowd sort of stuff would have been better.

-The night time shows were reasonably  good but was  the same thing every night; except for the comedy stand up and the aerialists, nothing else stands out. The same performers with the same performances every time becomes boring

-Icy Strait point was not worth stopping for a shore excursion.

-Dinner at the grand restaurant  was a long wait-took upto 2hrs at times

-I appreciated the  choice of Indian cuisine but was not well prepared.

-Should be more of Alaska in an 'Alaskan cruise'-this was more time on the ship

-Providing motion sickness tabs/ bags in every room would be good

NA

Go for breakfast in the grand restaurant. (the Lido deck has very long lines)

Pizza and fries were great

long walk down to the ship terminal/ moving walkways for the elderly would be nice
Nothing to see/ waste of money on 'shuttle ' to Hoonah
wonderful weather that day/ superb viewing
Mendenhall glacier/ Juneau town delightful
coomercialised; good for picking up gifts for back home
Choppy seas/ seasick