Great Cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Vista

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 15, 2017

Ship: Carnival Vista

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 1254

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We enjoyed ourselves on this cruise. Our ship was rerouted because of a storm but we made the best of it. We returned to ports of San Juan and St. Maarten, which we had visited in April. This time we did things we hadn't done at these ports and really enjoyed these experiences. (Lemonade out of lemons)

Embarkation

Went quickly

Ship experiences

dining rooms were excellent thanks to excellent servers like Saw Lar and his crew!

Serenity was nice and we enjoyed the serenity

loved Amor Cuba, (really not sure of name) but that was good because I am bilingual and it was bilingual so I related to it I think.

Our steward Gladys was excellent! Saw lar and crew were excellent!

Clean ship but really didn't care for ships layout. i did love the LED Vortex columns!

Very clean and comfortable

Ship tip

Just be prepared for lunchtime madness on Lido deck. I figured out when it would be less crowded and then it was okay.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Loved Miami, we did Top Ten excursion and also did Florida Keys excursion before we boarded.

Grand Turk Island

Beautiful island but we should have done an excursion to see island but beach is beyond beautiful.

La Romana, Dominican Republic

We did Choo-choo train excursion. Loved the experience but next time would love to do beach experience so I could see the beauty of island.

Oranjestad, Aruba Did not visit port