Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Caribbean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

BEST "JOURNEY" CRUISE EVER!!!

Sail Date: November 05, 2016

Reviewed: 19 days ago

Carnival does an amazing job with embarkation.  All of my interaction with cruise members were amazing. Primarily, cabin steward, photography, entertainment and Playlist members.  The Ship is beautiful, well lit and amazing art work.  Serenity is larger than on any other ship. The offer huge bowls of personal salads on Serenity and it has 2 hot tubs. Fabulous.  The cast in the shows were amazing, gracious and super friendly.  The shows were fun. The games, dances, singing, and crafts were nice for an 11 day cruise. The rooms are smaller but who wants to spend time in their cabin.  Food options are to plentiful to mention. I loved loved the food. The premier restaurants were inexpensive and the attention to detail was phenomenal.

During the cruise, the only valid complaint was too few elevators and the ship had several guest in wheelchairs. A very large percentage of cruisers were physically challenged.

Pre-cruise my only con was dealing with Lora Hall, at .  She was completely unresponsive. I mentioned this several times. I considered leaving , but I now work with Paula Schwartz.  I am disappointed that she has not responded to any of my calls. And I wanted to book a NEW CRUISE.  Lastly nothing can damper my amazing - great cruise.  Thank you!!!

Smaller than usual - but serves it purpose. Use hooks and under the bed
New York, New York
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
Flooding prevented us from going
San Juan, Puerto Rico
St Thomas, US Virgin Isles
Take a 30 minute ride to St. John.
St. John's, Antigua
Book an excursion. The area surrounding the port is depressed and very difficult to maneuver. Buy from the locals but be aware.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Go do a resort for the day!! Sonesta Great Bay. Go to ResortsforAday.com

Try to use the STEPS... Book a middle floor like 6, so you can use the steps during busy times.. Food is on 10 and most activities are on 4 & 5. Play miniature golf, do the sky ride. Eat at JiJi's, and Farhenheit 55. Embrace and chat with the entertainment staff. Especially Cookie, Nono and Eden.