Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Never again

Sail Date: December 21, 2015

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about Carnival over the years, but my family really wanted to take a Christmas cruise and Carnival seemed to have the best one for the dates and ports we were looking for. So we took a chance and booked our tickets. I will say the rooms did seem to be bigger than the ones we had on Royal Caribbean. But the food is absolutely terrible! Now we do eat healthier than your average American but we made it a point to go to the dinners and brunches as to not have to eat in the buffet because normally on cruise ships this is how you get the gourmet selections. Carnival has no gourmet selections, you get the same sub par buffet food just brought out at a glacial pace. Every dinner took at least 2 hours and while the menu did vary every night the quality of food did not. Every day and every night was just as terrible as the one before. We couldn't wait to get off the boat just to have some form of nourishment. My family was so excited on the way home just to stop at a Panera?! I've never seen them so happy for "real food". Needless to say we will not be cruising with Carnival again. And anyone that has any special dietary needs or simply wants to indulge while on vacation should heed the warning of others when they say don't go on Carnival spend the extra couple bucks and enjoy yourself!

The room was nice, comfy, spacious and clean. TV was old but we weren't there to watch tv so didn't bother me.
Lines were longer than I had waited in before but not unreasonable for the holidays.
rooms were spacious and clean, room attendant was great!
Was pretty disappointed in Grand Turk, really it was just a beach on an abandoned shipping port
meh, seemed like there was effort put forth but was not really excited by any of it
Children's Programs No children so no opinion
It existed but it wasn't great
Very unfriendly overall, maybe one or two people that I actually enjoyed talking to
Disgusting, borderline inedible