Avoid carnival if you like food and entertainment
Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern
Sail Date: December 21, 2015
Ship: Carnival Victory
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 7374
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 2 years ago
1. Significantly lower standard of cruise compared to just a few years ago. Avoid carnival if you can.
2. Food menu choices have be trimmed down.
3. Formal dining is a joke. Waiters can't speak English and routinely bring wrong food that you did not order. Menu for vegetarians is even more pathetic. Slow service. Our waiter never checked if the food we ordered was in fact what he got from the kitchen. The hostess was equally useless.
4. Our Indian friends had extremely poor selection of food choices even after ordering Indian cuisine weeks in advance.
5. Not much to write home about from the entertainment department. Comedian was ok and pathetic in his last show in the Adriatic lounge. Pure vulgar in a totally cheap and non entertaining way.
6. Room service menu is the same pathetic one from what I recall 5 years ago.
7. Ship is worn and needs renovation.
8. Lido deck has decent chicken, omlets, Chinese and burgers. Desserts are cheap and unhealthy.
9. Kids have extremely limited entertainment choices.
10. The cruise director is clueless and doesn't do much to improve the experience. Ina nutshell, spend a little more find a quality cruise line and save yourself the grief that Carnival is guaranteed to cause.
Cabin / Stateroom
Avoid carnival and particularly this ship. It offers below average to pathetic choices and experience in all departments. This isn't a ship I would cruise even if offered a free trip.