Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean!

Sail Date: September 04, 2011

Carnival Victory was fantastic! Even after 7 days and one canceled island due to a tropical storm, I never felt cabin fever. There was always plenty to do and see, lots of great food, the rooms where amazing, various pools and hot tubs to choose from, etc!

Pros: Amazing ship crew, excellent ports of call, delicious food, tons to do!

Cons: Missing an island due to a storm, when other islands may have been available. Lack of information when this was happening.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

So/so shows in the theatre, some great comedians, and lots of dancing and singing await you. There was pretty much something happening all the time. Definitely get in on the karaoke. Sometimes the passengers are more fun than the crew! That said, I thought the wait staff in the restaurant put on the best shows of all!!
5 star dining each night will leave you feeling deprived when you arrive home again! We signed up for anytime dining but switched to the early seating to match the rest of our group. Best move yet. Our waiter (who is yours for the whole cruise) was fantastic. Each night had a little mini show put on by the wait staff. Loved it all!
SOOO much bigger than I thought! Plenty of room for all our clothes, luggage, etc. We had an ocean view room on the main (deck 2) deck.
Everyone was fantastic. The only annoying thing was that they would push product on you as much as possible, as often as possible. But this is clearly a corporate/management thing. Having worked retail, I know how annoying it is to force products on customers because management demands it.
At first I thought the ship was a little gaudy, but after watching a video in the cabin about the inspiration behind the designs, my view changed and I had a much greater appreciation for the decor! Everything was usually spotless, but the lido buffet was a little gross when we first got on board. Smoking is allowed in some public indoor areas, so be warned on that one!
Castries, St. Lucia
Adrenaline Ziplining!!!!!!! Make sure you grab some spices from the market in town under the red roof!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Check out Magen's Bay!! Short beautiful cab ride from the port!
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Cabs are expensive and pushy, but definitely check out Cockelshell Beach. Quiet and calm!
Bridgetown, Barbados
DEFINITELY take the Tiami sea turtle snorkeling excursion. Can't be missed!
Don't Miss: Tiami Sea Turtle Snorkel