Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Fabulous Family Fun

Sail Date: October 03, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

After sailing before on multiple other ships I was a little dissappointed in the condition of the ship. Carpet in the halls was torn, the dining rooms was nice howeever the entire ship is in need of some TLC. The on board staff was exceptional. I was a little dissappointed in the entertainment. It just did not seem to be up to standard. The ship is somewhat difficult to get around. To get from end of the ship to the other you had to walk though the dining area unless you are on the top deck..

Pros: On board staff was wonderful

Cons: Ship its self is an older ship and in need of some TLC

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

We elected to give the open dining a try. Not at all dissappointed in that. We never had to wait, and the staff was very helpful. It was nicer when planning your day knowing that you did not have to be ready for dinner at any set time. There was 10 of us and we still had no issues.
Everything costs extra; for example $5 for five minutes of laser tag.
I had never looked into this program before but now that my little one is 9 he really wanted to check this out and play with other kids. Again I was surprised when the lady expained that it would cost me $30 per hour. This is not how I understood the advertisment.
The staff was exceptional, however I was a taken when they automatically placed the tips on my sign and sail card. I would have given select people more of a tip and some of the others less. It seemed that they knew that they were getting a tip no matter what, so there was no real reason for them to go abouve and beyond. Again, let me say that the service was excellent.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Zip Lines are the best. Very safe, and the take off platforms are very user friendly. A great chance for first timers to have a great experience