Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Cruising is a mindset

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

The breeze and salt air are luscious and free!  The fun and good times are in your attitude. The ship was well maintained and safe.  The staff, in spite of the language barriers ( sometimes), was helpful and friendly. Our room steward was awesome. Things we needed and wanted just appeared. He learned our routine and worked around us. The room itself, an inside cabin on deck 10, was larger than expected. The only real objection I had with the food was that I felt leftovers are best served in the home kitchen.  The pool movies were great when they didn't make changes at the last minute. The headliner, Jim Gaffigan, was horrible. However , Jackson Rayne, an illusionist and escape artist, was fantastic.  I would gladly have given the $30.00 I paid to Jim Gaffigan to him.  Other entertainment was good and ports of call were enjoyable. Embarkation and disembarkation were remarkably easy.

All in all, I would sail with this cruise line and ship again.

When the toilet isn't in the shower it's a great cabin. Plenty of room. AC a little skimpy. A ship supplied fan solved the issue quickly. Sticky hooks helped with convenience.

Ship shape and plenty of places to getaway from it all