Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Valor-Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: June 04, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise I think was relaxing at Grand Turk.  I loved our excursions at Aruba and Bonaire, but it was so nice to just get off the ship at our leisure and walk down the beach.  We found a little local food/drink hut and just hung out there and had a couple of beverages, ate conch fritters and jerk chicken and then just enjoyed the beautiful water and beach.

Great location. Only issue would be that there was no laundry (ironing) on this floor. Had to carry clothes down a floor to be able to iron them. Our steward (name is like Olguain) was wonderful.....friendly and met every request we made like he was happy to help us out.
Both went well. I will say that embarkation was probably the friendliest workers I have encountered in all our cruises.
Overall, things were clean. Did see some messy public bathrooms twice, but overall all was good.
Loved our Segway tour in Aruba, our Island tour in Bonaire, and just hanging out in Grand Turk. 3 great ports to visit.
I enjoyed the Punchline comedians this time. The shows and Lido deck activities need some changes.......same think every time, but for newbies, guess they really enjoy. I have seen enough Hairy Chest contests and 80's music shows.
I assume this were o.k.......had no reason to use.
I enjoyed the comedy club and the live music but otherwise I would have given this a sad face.
Our room steward was exceptional. The rest of the ship seemed to be understaffed or disorganized most of the time. I went to guest services once about our room charges and although the gentleman solved the problem, he seemed to be very indifferent about doing so. There was a server in the casino that was downright rude to our group (doing a group pull on a slot machine), he literally said, "move or I will run you over"....crazy
We had overly long wait times to eat in the MDR. Food was good and once seated we had good service all but one night.