Carnival Valor-Southern Caribbean

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 04, 2016
Ship: Carnival Valor

My favorite part of the cruise I think was relaxing at Grand Turk.  I loved our excursions at Aruba and Bonaire, but it was so nice to just get off the ship at our leisure and walk down the beach.  We found a little local food/drink hut and just hung out there and had a couple of beverages, ate conch fritters and jerk chicken and then just enjoyed the beautiful water and beach.

We had overly long wait times to eat in the MDR. Food was good and once seated we had good service all but one night.

I enjoyed the Punchline comedians this time. The shows and Lido deck activities need some changes.......same think every time, but for newbies, guess they really enjoy. I have seen enough Hairy Chest contests and 80's music shows.

I enjoyed the comedy club and the live music but otherwise I would have given this a sad face.

I assume this were o.k.......had no reason to use.

Our room steward was exceptional. The rest of the ship seemed to be understaffed or disorganized most of the time. I went to guest services once about our room charges and although the gentleman solved the problem, he seemed to be very indifferent about doing so. There was a server in the casino that was downright rude to our group (doing a group pull on a slot machine), he literally said, "move or I will run you over"....crazy

Overall, things were clean. Did see some messy public bathrooms twice, but overall all was good.

Great location. Only issue would be that there was no laundry (ironing) on this floor. Had to carry clothes down a floor to be able to iron them. Our steward (name is like Olguain) was wonderful.....friendly and met every request we made like he was happy to help us out.