Overall good cruise but could be better

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 09, 2016
Ship: Carnival Valor

Pros:

Dining room food was amazing.

Service in dining room was great in the evenings.

Comedy was good but earlier show filled up very fast.

Ports were fun, I enjoyed Honduras the most.

Cons:

Breakfast dining room service was horrible. We had other guests commenting to us how they came in after us with a bigger group and they were served and finished before we even had our order taken.

Excursion cancelled for light rain in Mexico.

Late dining and bingo/shows ran at same time so we had to choose between the two.

If giving away free excursions at bingo, make sure to have enough for multiple winners.

First night in room was extremely hot - whole floor was hot, when I asked a room attendant he acknowledged it was hot, said he didn't know why and walked away from me.

Service in the buffet room (lido deck) was hit or miss. Depending who you ask something for you would get a different answer.

Very disappointed that I was not awarded the extra miles by booking through (I was given half the miles promised).

Cabin was great except for being too warm. It was too hot to sleep the first night