Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

What The Hell happened to Carnival??

Sail Date: May 08, 2015

Upon entering the stateroom it was obvious it hadn't been cleaned from the last cruise , there were a soiled/wet towel and pillow case in the closet , holes all over the lamp shades , blood stains on each blanket , sink stopped up , drawers all opened up like the place had just robbed , side tables had damage , dirt/dust in/ all over the door vent , I took pics of all but the blankets not sure why guess cause I was so upset.

I complained in person to guest services and was assured it would be cleaned before we returned from dinner but it never was!  One night the closed off the aft part of the ship to include the only late night food(pizza) so the Crew could have a party! WTF??    And the entire cruise most of the ships thorough fares reaked of raw sewage! Not sure what the deal was but it left me notious the majority of the time it was so powerfully pungent , after all that I get home and see a email from a Carnival exec who states that no longer will Gold members like myself be able to attend the past guest parties but get a one drink coupon for your last day on board, why? Because they're are so many Gold members they don't want to give the free drinks so they made a BS excuse about over crowded parties and sub standard service because of it like we are stupid!

Cruise Photos

outside of our stateroom the ships decor was fine.
better in the dinning hall but not so hot on the regular food and deserts were very limited and void of much flavor.
Not cleaned from the previous cruise at all and furniture was badly damaged, blankets with blood stains.
Never cleaned the room that night like they promised after I complained , constantly rude pizza server , closed off aft of ship to include the only food(pizza) for a midnight Crew Party.
Marcus Anthony was Very Good.
Children's Programs N/A
Boring! cruise director Gary was lazy and unmotivated leaving us reduced to 45 min 1990s dance music on the Lido.
Ports Very nice but unrelated to the ship!
Port Canaveral, Florida
pay in advance for non carnival transportation which is only half their price round trip!!
Oranjestad, Aruba
souvenirs stink.
Willemstad, Curacao
awesome Beaches.
Grand Turk Island
Best Beach's of the ports.

Don't cruise Carnival Valor or Carnival at all until they start to once again value guests experiences with undamaged cleaned rooms , no sewage smell , no rude crew members and show more respect! especially to Gold members!!