Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Family cuise

Sail Date: July 20, 2014

I picked this cruise because my nephew who has severe sickle cell wanted to cruise from Puerto Rico. I was with a group of ten family members.  I feel the ship should get a little update.  I sailed on the Dream last year. I like the staff and crew much better than on the Dream.  They are much more accommodating on the Valor and more friendly.  I enjoyed the ports as did the entire group. We did not all get seated at the same table for dinner but our table mates were fine.  My two family members not seated with the eight of us were likewise ok after meeting their dinning companions.  My nephew enjoyed the cruise and did not have any issues until Sat. night when he went into a sickle cell crises but we managed it until we got home. I will continue to cruise Carnival.

needs updating.
I wish it had the Indian selections
Very helpful when embarking as I have mobility issues.
Entertainment Did not take advantage of
Children prefered to entertain themselves
I loved the extended view and I liked being on Lido.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I came a day early but didnt get to do as much as I wished. Lved the monfongo.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
One of my favorite Islands.
Bridgetown, Barbados
visited with family and friends. Enjoyed a home cooked Bajan lunch.
Castries, St. Lucia
have been here many times, did not disembark.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Loved this port as did the family. Enjoyed the shopping. Wheelchair frendly.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Just hung around he port.

After a couple of days breakfast on Lido, I welcomed eating in the dinning room.