Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Southern Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: July 13, 2014

Overall I was satisfied with the cruise, however I thought the nightly variety shows were much better on the Holland America trip I took to Alaska two years ago.  Carnival Valor did have a comedy club and we both enjoyed the shows.  We saw 3 different comedians.  I also enjoyed the adult only swimming pool area.  I was worried about lots of kids on the cruise ship, but my concerned was unwarranted.  The Lincoln dining staff were extremely friendly and we enjoyed having the open seating arrangement since it is sometimes hard to know when you want to eat.

I thought the service was excellent. The food was good, but enjoyed the food on Holland American better.
All the service staff were great. They were very friendly when passing them in the hallways and took great care of us. I would say there were too many working the pool area trying to sell drinks.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Punchliner club. The variety shows were okay, but enjoyed Holland Americas much better. Plus they had one every night if I recall.
Service was superb.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St Thomas is known for jewelry shopping which is always fun!
Bridgetown, Barbados
Went on a snokelling trip booked thru It was small, but very personable. Enjoyed it a lot.
Castries, St. Lucia
Didn't book an excursion, but did get a taxi for a 2 hr trip. The driver was very friendly and we bought some great wood carvings.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Not much to do on this island, but it did allow us to send extra time by the pool on the ship.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Great island. Took an excursion of sightseeing, shopping and beach. One of our favorite islands.

We went to the Dining area for breakfast most mornings, but should have checked out the Lido deck for breakfast more often. They had a larger variety of food and you could make your own omlette. The dining room was more limited.