Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Finally!! Back aboard a carnival cruise ship.

Sail Date: May 11, 2014

It has been 7 years since I last cruised. I know. Shame on me! For this cruise I was able to bring my cousin, who has not had the opportunity to travel and long time friend aboard to experience their first cruise. While this being my 5th. I have always wanted to do a southern caribbean cruise and now have made it a reality. We sailed aboard the HMS Valor, which sailed from the port in San Juan Puerto Rico and sailed to St.Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St.Kitts and St. Maarten. Aboard the luxury Valor, The service was top notch as usual.The food was excellent. The shows were fantastic. And as I mentioned, the service was impeccable. When people ask me what's it like to take a carnival cruise. I tell them, that you will for sure be well taken care of, pampered and treated like a king and queen. And I also tell them that to make the vacation as exciting or however comfortable as you would like it to be and leave the rest to Carnival. I have yet to experience anything bad on a cruise and I hope that Inever do.For the most part, I am always amazed by the hard work the crew does in behalf of the passengers to make their stay on the ship an enjoyable one. We were always greeted by name by our cabin steward and asked how our day was. And at dinner service, The crew were very professional, courteous, constant smiles and met our every needs. And I always tell people to treat the staff as you would like to be treated. The ports of call even surpassed my expectations. I will forever be greatful to th folks at Carnival for making me and my friends to have and enjoy fond memories that will last a life time. And I want to thank you too!! for making this trip happen. Thanks to you all, And I cannot wait for my next adventure aboard a Carnival cruise ship.

couldn't have asked for a better ship and crew
One of the best service crews that I have enjoyed
no matter where I went on the ship, I was always greeted with a smile.
Always top notch and very professional. full of energy and very entertaining.
never had the opertunity to be exposed to it because I didnot travel with any children, but if I know Carnival. they exceeded any expectations.
Again. there is so much to do for each and everyone. They help people do things that other wise they would never do. for example, I did karaoke for the first time in my life.
What better destinations could anyone experience than a southern caribbean cruise. I mean 6 different islands in one week. WOW!!!
Our cabin steward was Dennis cruz, who always had our cabin clean morning, noon and night. Always greeted us by name and always wore a smile.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Beautiful people and culture and full of history .
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
pristine beaches, beautiful waters. just a beautiful island period.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Barbados to me was a very clean and unique island which has great work ethic and many working opportunity for it's inhabitants.
Castries, St. Lucia
loved the people there. very friendly. got to see the volcanic activity and the botanic gardens and the view from up on top was spectacular.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Smallest of the islands, but had a lot ot see and offer. For one feature was the brimestone fortress national park. full of history. absolutely loved it.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
what more can I say. half French and half Dutch. again pristine beaches, forts and the food was delectable. love both cultures.

Yes! The Lido deck was one of my favorite decks to frequent. Not to mention the buffet style of eating, and the variety of foods to choose from. Extravagant and healthy too. And easy to get through the line in a quick hurry. And not to mention the deck parties that got your body in motion .