Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Small issues but we'd go again

Sail Date: June 30, 2013

We had a great time. My only complaint was the long lines and wait for the Mongolian Wok and the fact that they allowed smoking in the club. I did not care about the smoking in the casino because it was easy for me to avoid the casino but it was unavoidable in the club. Since I do not smoke I am very sensitive to smoke and it was difficult for me to fully enjoy the club once people began smoking. It would have even helped if there was a section of the club that was designated for smokers and a separate area for non smokers. this would have at least helped not only me but also the other non smokers and the people who are bothered by smoke. All in all we had very good service from all of the staff and the ship was clean. It was definately a good trip and we would do the same exact cruise again as a couples vacation (this time we took the children).
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We didn't do much in Puerto Rico because we'd already been there but we did go to El Moro
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
It was beautiful and we had a great shore excursion that left us soaking wet but happy
Bridgetown, Barbados
We had a great driver who showed us around the island and knew all the history. He took us to a great spot for pictures.
Castries, St. Lucia