Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Valor

Sail Date: February 24, 2013

The staff were very accommodating, especially in the dining room where I had a restricted diet. Shows were great. Would have liked a steel drum band on the pool deck as I have had on other cruises.

Did not like at all that the air conditioning was too high -I froze on the inside of the ship every day and my husband caught a mega cold from going from the heat outside to inside the ship.

I did not appreciate the smoking areas- I have asthma and had to walk through the casino or near it many times to get where I was going. Smoke really bothers me. I did not like the fact that smoking was allowed in the eating area near the buffet. If they worry about fires and do not allow irons on ships, I certainly thing that smoking should not be allowed for this reason and health reasons.
lots of variety
accomadating and friendly
had one bad excursion- in St. Lucia-Called beautiful Views- took us only to one part and not near the beautiful hotels- only saw one ghetto part with overturned cars and grafitti
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas great shopping
Bridgetown, Barbados
Boatyard Beach was great
Castries, St. Lucia
Bad tour- called Great Views- only saw one part of island- ghetto part
Basseterre, St. Kitts