Not up to Par
Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern
Sail Date: January 06, 2013
Ship: Carnival Valor
Cabin Type: Inside
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Review SummaryThis was our fourth cruise with Carniva - Dream, Inspiration, Legend, and Valor. I would rate it fourth. Issues included:
1. Food was not up to previous standards.
2. Dining room was noisy.
3. Tables of 10 do not facilitate easy conversation. (Should be tables of 8 or less.)
4. Music was awful - in all venues -- and very loud.
5. Shows in large auditorium were lousy.
6. Ship was difficult to navigate, though finally figured out by last day.
7. Cruise director was wound pretty tight - he needs to get ...
8. "Free drinks" given to VIFP members were almost impossible to take advantage of.
9. Never saw the Captain of the ship.
10. Too much Karaoke.
11. Some events (gathering of veterans in one of the bars) was not publicized very well.
12. Chairs in Rosie's cafeteria were not made to slide on carpet; they were difficult to move.
12. The little things that could make a small difference were not there.
I've been told that Carnival hired a new VP from Disney with no cruise experience. Either he or the bean counters in accounting are calling too many of the shots.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Don't have expectations that are too high.