Carnival Valor

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 21, 2009
Ship: Carnival Valor
The ship over all beat my expectations. The ship was exceptioanlly clean, the staff members were very courteous, and the food especially in the main dining area was the best of any cruise line I have been on. Rosie's restaurant was good and comparable to other ancillary dining areas on other ships. I wished the putt-putt golf course was open 24/7 as it was on the royal carribean (the kids liked that). The water slide was hard to make use of on port days. The layout of the ship was hard to master.

see above. Also, the pizza was so-so

comedians were good. Musical shows so so. Tex I could tell really has his heart in his job.

very well trained smiling staff. Our waiter and helper went above and beyond.

layout of the ship not wonderful but that to me is minor.

we were wedged inbetween two smokers (just our luck). I think smokers should be grouped together.
I think this stop disappointment was our fault. We decided to walk the 2 miles to the beach in the sun (big mistake)
had fun on the cave tour but not sure I would do it again
The swim with the dolphins was a blast for all my kids. Great shopping too.
Loved the Zip line. It blew the Royal Caribean zip line away. Fantastic beach.

Pros: Great food

Cons: to much smoking and our room being right above the disco

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!