Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had fun but wasn't perfect for a FTC

Sail Date: October 15, 2011

Overall the ship was fun, but Room Service was horrible. We must of called at least once everyday and we never made it to them, it was ALWAYS busy or unavailable. I can to call information and have them transfer me. But my Mother called once and information actually yelled at her. So that wasn't right.

Food on the Cruise was WAY under what I expected. There was very little I found enjoyable about it. It was editable, but not very good. It might of been my expectations were too high, but overall I was disappointed.

Now positives were the dinning staff and the steward was amazing. We really enjoyed the customer service, they were always more then willing to help. We also loved Tex, the Cruise Director. Never met him personally but he made us feel like we did every time we heard him talked. One of the comedy shows was great, the other was not really good.

Overall it was fun, but way less exciting then I expected. This being my first cruise I really couldn't compare it to other cruises, but we plan on doing another cruise in the future we just will keep this in mind when considering our options.

Pros: Customer Service of most of the Staff

Cons: Room Service / Food / Seemed Hard to Get Involved In Stuff

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

I liked the dinning room as far as staff and such. But the food was not really great at all. Looked pretty, but tasted bland. Seafood tasted froze/out of can. The buffet was again nice looking but the food just tasted like I was back in high school. I guess I expected more like three to four star restaurant type food, but the quality was way under that.
For a first time cruiser I was confused and had a hard time getting involved. Most of the staff was pretty busy, though I was disappointed with some of the functions. BUT the ones we did finally get to we enjoyed. So it wasn't horrible, just felt either too hectic OR too hard to get involved.
It was a pretty ship, didn't like all the decor but overall it was nice. I really enjoyed the theater and was impressed by the main lobby. It was kept very clean.
Overall it was good, but my room had issues three times, twice the card reader stopped working and needed a tech and once the toilet stopped flushing and needed a plumber to replace several parts. The plumber was fast, the other had me waiting in the hall for about an hour each time.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I really enjoyed Chichen Itza. The tour was great. Its fun to do once, but more then that sees like it would be boring. Didn't really care for the hour and half bus ride. Spent more time on the bus then at the ruins. But it was neat to see.
Don't Miss: Chichen Itza
Did Passion Island, it was not horrible, but overall I didn't love it. The water wasn't clear and overall it was just bland. Food was okay, so that is a plus but the drinks were not good at all and not all drinks are free only about 5 different ones. So not horrible, but I wouldn't do it again.