Not what I hoped

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 15, 2011
Ship: Carnival Triumph
The ship was a nice size. The food was really not that great. That particular ship (Triumph) was the first cruise that I took and that will be the last one that I take on that ship. I would not recommend it for couples but it would be great for full families (parents and children).

The kids didn't really attend the activities. They pretty much ran through the halls, played on the elevators, or took over the pools and jacuzzi

I only went to the swap meet there and did a little shopping.
The private beach was nice. If you go it will be highly recommended that you book your excursions with the cruise to be safe and there was evidence that backed the recommendations. Many people who booked excursions outside of the cruise had problems such as injuries and boats flipping over. A couple in particular told us that their excursion boat flipped and one was knocked unconscious. I booked with the ship and there were no problems at all with anyone there.

Pros: Great service

Cons: Too many kids and there was no adult only pools or jacuzzi

Recommends Carnival Triumph? No.