Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I loved my cruise.

Sail Date: December 11, 2010

The ship was beautiful and festively decorated for the holiday (Christmas). The activity rooms were very attractive and comfortable. I enjoyed riding in the glass elevators just for the stunning views.

Pros: The entire staff was exceptional in every way and very friendly.

Cons: As a non-smoker with health issues, I was restricted from some areas and activities because of 2nd hand smoke.

Recommends Carnival Triumph? Yes!

I really enjoyed my room. It was maintained to perfection. I was a bit chilly, though, on a winter cruise.
The ship was spotless: very clean. Accessibility was difficult at first, but became easier with practice navigating through to dining and activity rooms from the front to the back of the ship.
The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Something to eat was always available somewhere. The restaurants were stunning in appearance.
The very friendly staff was entirely accomodating. I was delighted with the extra touches with the evening turn-down service. Everything was kept clean. The dining staff performed at dinner -- guests seemed to enjoy this very much.
There was an excellent variety of fun activities. I was very impressed with the way people were brought together on my cruise.
My shore excursion was cancelled due to weather conditions. I enjoyed walking through the town in the warm sunshine. There is lovely public art along the beach boardwalk. Many shopping opportunities were present and the people were generally pleasant. Horse carts and people-powered transportation was easily acquired.
Don't Miss: People enjoyed their shore excursions.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I had fun in Progreso. I took the free shuttle into the little town, shopped at the market and specialty shops, and walked along the beach boardwalk. I didn't take the double-deck bus tour, but that was available. Restaurants and refreshment venues were lined along the beach.
Don't Miss: Folk crafts can be gotten for a very reasonable price.