Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Day Cruise was a nice change!

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

We really enjoyed our latest Carnival cruise! We had never done an 8 day cruise before, so this was a welcome change! However, it wasn't all roses! We sailed with friends and this was their first cruise. We booked over 9 months out, on the Early Saver program. I was able to get our preferred Early Dining, but our friends were wait listed. To dine together, our agent switched us all to 8:15 dining, which was too late for my diabetic mother-in-law. We then got waitlisted to Early Dining again, but were instead switched without our knowledge or consent to On Your Own dining, which meant we waited over an hour to be seated. Shame on Carnival for not having enough seating at Early Dining! There also weren't enough lounge chairs. We spent 2 days indoors because we couldn't find chairs outside. One passenger told me she went on deck at 5:30 am to get her preferred chair! Howver, that said, the staff on the Sunshine was wonderful. Our cabin steward knew our names from the beginning and my MIL had alot of fun playing games with the entertainment team! We look forward to our next cruise!

Cabin steward was great! However room was too small for 3 ladies. The bunk bed stayed down the whole week, which got in the way! I bumped my head on it several times. The shower curtain should be an inch longer to prevent as much water from getting on the floor.

I was always able to find a place to sit for breakfast and lunch. Guys Burger Joint was great! Loved the burgers!