55th Anniversary Cruise

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 19, 2015
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

A carnival cruise that was just a little above the normal.  We have taken over thirty cruises on many different ships on numerous cruise lines and know what we like and what we expect.  This is a very good Carnival cruise and I recommend it to anyone looking for a get away.  We did go at the wrong time of the year. And that alone created some problems for us. However, overall it was a good cruise and on that I would recommend.

Very clean. There was some rust on the bottom of our bathroom door jam. We also had a little to much water accumulate on the floor and hall carpet right outside our bathroom. Noise was a concern between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am. However, this room was acceptable for what we chose and what we knew we would get. The room was fine.

Crew is very friendly and helpful. We were 5-6 hours late getting back to port and disembarking. However, we went out of our way to get a fellow cruiser removed by helicopter and they kept us informed or the procedure and its progress. They saved her life...that is plenty good enough for me.

It is less than one hour from my house. $135.00 is to much to park our car for the cruise. At that price they should have filled it with gas and a wash and shine.
It poured the rain........what else do I need to say.
Loved the train ride, of course I am a train nut. So, what do you expect? My wife also enjoyed this over two our leisurely ride 3/4 around the island. I do recommend this excursion.