Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

55th Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: June 19, 2015

A carnival cruise that was just a little above the normal.  We have taken over thirty cruises on many different ships on numerous cruise lines and know what we like and what we expect.  This is a very good Carnival cruise and I recommend it to anyone looking for a get away.  We did go at the wrong time of the year. And that alone created some problems for us. However, overall it was a good cruise and on that I would recommend.

Very clean. There was some rust on the bottom of our bathroom door jam. We also had a little to much water accumulate on the floor and hall carpet right outside our bathroom. Noise was a concern between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am. However, this room was acceptable for what we chose and what we knew we would get. The room was fine.
Port Canaveral, Florida
It is less than one hour from my house. $135.00 is to much to park our car for the cruise. At that price they should have filled it with gas and a wash and shine.
Grand Turk Island
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It poured the rain........what else do I need to say.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Loved the train ride, of course I am a train nut. So, what do you expect? My wife also enjoyed this over two our leisurely ride 3/4 around the island. I do recommend this excursion.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Crew is very friendly and helpful. We were 5-6 hours late getting back to port and disembarking. However, we went out of our way to get a fellow cruiser removed by helicopter and they kept us informed or the procedure and its progress. They saved her life...that is plenty good enough for me.