Very Disappointing Cruise

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2014
Ship: Carnival Sunshine

First off I will say that overall I enjoyed myself but that was despite many frustrating events.  The check-in was by far one of the most efficient that I have ever experienced over several cruises that I have had.  When I booked my cruise I signed up for the membership program, which included a $50 on-board credit.  As soon as I got on the ship I went to check my account and there was only a $20.86 credit.  When I questioned customer service about it they were of no help what so ever.  They kept telling me if I had a number they could call for me even though the credit came through Carnival themselves.  In an attempt to not ruin my vacation I just accepted the fact I was not going to get the credit and moved on.  There were very few activities on board the ship.  I've been on other ships and there were so many activities on sea days and port days that I couldn't do all that I wanted.  On this trip there really wasn't much in the way of activities or entertainment.  I have cruised with Carnival several times and have always enjoyed the food/service.  This time I found the food to be nearly intolerable even in the dining rooms.  I don't know if this was because of the chef on board or if it's a trend now due to the specialty restaurants.  I signed up for the your time dining which was very misleading.  Basically I got a beeper and had to wait up to 45 minutes several nights to get a table.  The service overall was incredibly poor and slow all around.  I was very disappointed.  I spoke with several different people over dinner that had the same experience.  Some even mentioned having the gratuities removed from their bill  It will be a while before I take another cruise for a vacation.

Driver for our excursion was horrible. Truly a terrifying 30 minute ride to the beach.
Nothing to do here but the beach and shopping.