3-year late review!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 12, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I went on this cruise with a friend, parents, little brother and sister. We all had a great time! Alcoholic drink package was well worth it. I figured it up at the end of the cruise, my friend and I saved hundreds of dollars. Kids had a great time, adults had a great time, the food was amazing and I went on the second best dive of my life, making some awesome memories.

Embarkation

I remember it was very easy even traveling with my 3-year old brother and 10-year old sister.

Ship experiences

👍🏼

Comedians, game shows, trivia…we had a blast!

My younger siblings seemed to have a lot of fun and made some friends.

If I remember correctly the layout was a little strange and it needed major upgrades. It looked like carnival had hired my grandma to do the interior design 30 years ago. I do believe it’s been dry docked and upgraded since then though.

Ports of call

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Went on a snorkel/beach excursion. The snorkeling was fun but not much to look at. The beach was just rock. Not a grain of sand. We are and drank at a little bar/restaurant right off of the pier afterwards though and it was great. Can’t remember the name of it.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

My step dad and I did a dive here that was a lot of fun. Not as beautiful, colorful or alive as Grand Cayman. I highly recommend diving in Grand Cayman, it was freaking AMAZING. That was on a different cruise though. Anyways I do recommend the dive but it wasn’t the best dive I’ve ever done.

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California