Great Cruise 🚢

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 22, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8269

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

It was our first cruise and I had just had surgery, so I was recovering, wanted a beautiful Christmas without having to do anything. I was worried about long lines and crowds of people, but there were no lines at embarkation and minimal lines elsewhere in the areas that I was interested in. There were crowded spaces, but not too bad. The overall feeling of the cruise was festive and very happy, which was exactly what I was looking for. I loved every moment of the cruise. Have to say though, after a week I still have “I’m LEE, you’re cruise director” in my head... He was the best part of the cruise. How adorable is he?! I hope Carnival is paying him well because he’s awesome! He seemed to be everywhere and never sleeps...LOL.

Embarkation

Embarkation was a breeze

Ship experiences

Food was plentiful and tasty

I loved the violin ladies. The music was exactly what I wanted to hear. I didn’t use the pools, spas, or fitness centers because I was recovering from surgery, but I will next time.

Loved the violin ladies

Just enjoyed the scenery

Wonderful staff. All were great and helpful and seemed happy

Love the ship.

Room was clean and was large enough. Loved the balcony. Everything was perfect.

Ship tip

Just do it!

Ports of call

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Loved it. The port is conveniently located as our son lives close by.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico