Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

beautiful destinations but camera stolen and baggage stolen on an excursion

Sail Date: May 26, 2016

The ship is beautiful.  food good. dining entertaining. lot of dance music. spa was nice but now you have to pay for the steam room on a different level and you had to walk thru a gym full of men to get to womens spa area.lots of excursions but getting pricey now. exceptional room service and the ship was spotlessly clean. very organized boarding and unboarding of passengers.

overall it was a great trip but on the last day my luggage was stolen.  We boarded a bus to tour Miami and my luggage was placed under the bus in a secure area.  The tour guide moved it without our knowledge or permission and when we (Hubby) called Carnival they gave us a complaint number but never called us back.  They said they don't cover 3rd party issues but I booked this tour as an excursion on the ship.  I've called the Carnival  twice and there has been no response at all.  At this point I all I can hope for is a credit on my next cruise as I am 3 cruise days away from becoming a platinum customer.  This was my 10th or 11th cruise with Carnival but I no longer trust booking excursions thru the ships excursion services.  I'm still waiting for a response.  My stuff was only worth maybe $300.  Yes, I would recommend this cruise line again.

roomy, big window, clean with a fridge, great service.
My luggage was stolen on an excursion because the tour guide moved it from a secure location on the tour bus. Carnival won't reimburse or credit any loss even though I booked the tour through them. All other excursions were wonderful.
Miami, Florida
take a tour but watch your luggage at all time. be wary of very high priced eateries and high tips being included on bill
King's Wharf, Bermuda
there is a $15 golf course nearby when you get off boat and buses will take you to nice beaches on an all day riding pass.
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
try a private beach with food and drinks. plenty of umbrellas and fun stuff to do. did all inclusive for first time. I am going back here for sure. just stunning and beautiful.
Grand Turk Island
tour the local island.

Indian food was exceptional. try an all inclusive vacation resort with food and booze. friendly vendors at resorts.