Fun

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 17, 2015

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8446

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

This was our 2nd time in this room. That's how much we loved it.
Splendor can be a little tricky to find the dinning room as the galley splits the halls.
Service was great, crew was great, entertainment was great.
I'm not too crazy about this Serenity as it has no pool or hot tub.

Ship experiences

I had 2 lobsters as usual.

Always something to do.

LOVED the comedians. The PG shows and R shows.

They love it so much that we only see them at dinner and bed time.

I am always amazed at how they remember everyone's names.

Our room was always clean.

We got a premium balcony at the same price as a balcony. It is a room that is shaped differently because it has to fill an odd space. It was bigger and the balcony was 1 1/2 times as big. We knew our neighbors so we had the balcony divider open to have one huge balcony.

Ports of call

New York, New York

We always get there early at about 11AM. We get on the ship in less than 1/2 hour after we get there because not many people are there.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We have a few go to places here. Barrachina, the birthplace of the pina colada just so we can have one. The Harley Davidson store for the annual t shirts. I generally just love to walk around town and take in the scenery.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We've been to Magic Ice ice bar twice now. It is a minimal fee and inexpensive cab ride there. You get a free shot and take home branded shot glass.

Grand Turk Island

My very favorite island. We skip Margaritaville and go down the beach 500 yards to the left to Jack's Shack. Great food, great owners and the beach is much better down there.