Short, but WOW

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 10, 2016
Ship: Carnival Splendor

This was our shortest cruise and our first experience on Carnival.  We compared this cruise to our other 25+ cruises and found certain aspects outstanding.  First and foremost, the food was outstanding because it was presented very nicely, the portions sizes were correctly small and the seasoning was perfect for my gourmet taste.  My husband and I both had apple pie and discovered that the crust was not flaky; that needs to be improved.  We give Carnival the BEST rating on food.

The variety of people aboard pleased us because it was from young babies to older folks and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

The staff aboard the ship was excellent and also a nice varied group of young, helpful personnel.

In total, we enjoyed our cruise and because of the excellent price and ports in which the cruise ship visited, we will consider joining another group perhaps out of Baltimore Harbor.

Thank you for a wonderful adventure.  Warren and Sally Duerbeck

Overall a very nice experience and we may do it again if the destinations change.

Our cabin steward kept our room beautifully clean and the bathroom shining.
He was a friendly and helpful person.

If I worked on a ship, I'd be the pizza chef; that is such a great idea and the pizzas are everyone's favorite food (that is, besides soft-serve ice cream). These two items pleased me; I had them every lunch time when I ate.
My husband and I are in our 80's and normally skip lunch.