Disappointed

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

6 Night Bahamas (Norfolk Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 17, 2015
Ship: Carnival Splendor

This was my third cruise taken with Carnival and the previous cruises were taken aboard the Carnival Ship Glory which I totally enjoyed.  The atmosphere to me aboard the Splendor was just not the same and I heard many guest say the same thing.  I also often observed negative facial expression with some of the Carnival staff when dealing with customers.  I don't know if they were burnt out or what, but the staff on this ship some not all were very unprofessional.  I also bought a Invicta watch from the fun shop and was told that the watch was valued at $700.00 but was on sale for $225.00.   I recently went online and found the same watch with a value of $149.00, but on sale by Invicta for only $99,00.  I really feel ripped off right about now especially after paying for 4 cruises for my parents 50th Anniversary.  I will never buy anything from any cruise line shops because of this.  I also don't understand why valued customers should have to pay for water after spending so much money on these cruises.  The last thing that I want to say is to all the Casino gamblers.  The casino's you find on land are all regulated to a certain degree and trust me on this one, they are allowed to cheat you, but that is regulated and someone has to win sometime, but if you are out in international waters, who regulates the Casino's aboard the ships.  Just food for thought.

it just did not seem to be as many as I experienced aboard the Glory

My head waiter Lucious and room service guy Marvin were great and I personally tipped them, but other than that service to me was not good on this ship. This was my third cruse with carnival, but this is the first time that I have ever wrote a review.

no tip we never made it to the island because of weather
Nothing great there, should consider a different port call