Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

had a very relaxing time

Sail Date: April 19, 2015

I must say that this trip was very relaxing and I enjoyed myself. Only three things to really mention on the bummer side. First The 4 am paging for a missing passenger on our second night. Sean Hogan's name became the topic of all when he overdrank and didn't make it to his room. Second unfortunately the wind was too much to enter Honduras but I understand the risk and why we didn't enter. Third the last night the kitchen above our deck 8 state room was banging on table legs and kitchen stuff to prepare for inspection upon port arrival. really carried into our room. Way too early for a travel day back west. The staff did address this issue when I went into the kitchen to explain. I didn't have many cocktails as they are expensive. Went on vacation to sober up I say. The seas were calm and my wife and I really relaxed and forgot about back home as much as one can these days with teenagers. Food was a 7 out of 10. I am a past chef and to do food for thousands there is a point in which some things may lack. Always fresh creative dishes I had not tried in my past . Our dining room staff was very friendly and took time to share about themselves. Twitchell my room steward was the best. We had low water pressure in our shower upon arrival and he immediately had it repaired in between our room visits. WE opted for a balcony and this was the right decision. Spent a lot of time there and it makes all the difference. Also opted for the therapy pools and steam rooms. Loved that daily visit since the quantity of those passes were limited to a certain number. crowds low. I always refer to the common area pools as people soup. Yuk. décor was a pink and metallic but didn't bother me as it does others in these reviews. comedy nights were fun I enjoyed laughing. Movies on the pool deck were great. Loved being out there. they have blankets for you to borrow. I read in a review about the pizza bar that runs 24hrs. and I agree that guy is the hardest working member of the kitchen staff. These personal pizzas were delicious.

Cruise Photos

very clean and well maintained.
Some food I didnt like but the ability to try was appreciated
get a balcony its wiorth it
Everyone was friendly and hard working. We enjoyed you all
we had a blast just missed our zip lining in Honduras due to wind. Its ok refund was available
Miami, Florida
went 12 meter sailing and had a great wind day.
Belize City, Belize
book our cave tubing with V.I.V. Tours and these are the group to go with. very personal and we got the personal tour of this city and we had 7 in our group not 40.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
wind prevented harbor access, unfortunate but its ok we understood.
George Town, Grand Cayman
stingray city and snorkeling was the best. Booked Capt. Marvins independent of the shipand this was the best.

walk the stairs if you can. great work out. don't be afraid to book your trips away from the ship. you might be pleasantly surprised in the price difference and trip quality.